Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Merry Christmas from Florahome USA

There's a song that was written a long time ago some of you may remember. The song was written by Mahalia Jackson and best expresses what Florahome USA was meant to be about. These are the words,...

If I Can help somebody

If I can help somebody, as I pass along,
If I can cheer somebody, with a word or song,
If I can show somebody, how they're travelling wrong,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

Chorus:
My living shall not be in vain,
Then my living shall not be in vain
If I can help somebody, as I pass along,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

If I can do my duty, as a good man ought,
If I can bring back beauty, to a world up wrought,
If I can spread love's message, as the Master taught,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

Florahome USA unfortunately on many occasions misses the mark, but that's what Christmas is all about isn't it,... blogs are written by people and people try as they will make mistakes. But God still loves us anyway and sent his own son, Jesus to die in our place so that we could live. The future of Florahome USA is still uncertain, but while it remains on the web hopefully its visitors will remember the Christmas message of love and forgiveness and be forgiving of its mistakes. Even if this little experiment fails, perhaps somewhere along the way it will have helped someone and at least in some way fulfilled its purpose. So to all of you who have visited Florahome USA and to those who will, have a Very Merry Christmas!